The American Poetry Review: “Arc: A Quest”Citations:
- Special Mention (Nonfiction), The Pushcart Prize XXXIII: Best of the Small Presses 2009
- Notable Essays of 2007, selected by Robert Atwan, The Best American Essays 2008
- Notable Sports Writing of 2007, selected by Glenn Stout, The Best American Sports Writing 2008
Colere: “Learning the Language on the Hanoi Express”
Marginalia: “The Evil Eye, the Virgin, and a Couple of Saints”
Painted Bride Quarterly: “Dead Man Wash”
Whatever It Takes: Women on Women’s Sport (Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1999): "Seconds"
- from Library Journal review: "Standout essays include Teresa Leo's self-deprecating 'Seconds,' about her high-school decision to leave her dead-end Pennsylvania mining town...."
- from Salon.com review: "...and best of all, Teresa Leo's 'Seconds,' which quietly weaves the stories of her stellar running career and of a movingly ambiguous coach-student relationship."
Xconnect: Writers of the Information Age: “K is for Kindness and Serial Killer”